A is for Attitude
The right attitude is like a well-toned muscle. It needs to be used and strengthened – and this is especially true when you are going through a divorce.
Just as with physical exercise, we often find excuses why we can’t exercise the right attitude. But how you handle issues in your life determines your success.
Having the right or positive attitude will get you through this tough period. Here are some things to consider:
- Speak no evil. Replace back or negative talk with positive or front talk.
- Reject fear. Think about what you would do if you were not afraid.
- Envision what you want your life to look like after your divorce.
- Be intentional and negotiate the important issues.
- Let go of your need to be right.
- Tell yourself: Some things are within power and my control – some things are not.
- Avoid mental clutter. Prune back the dead wood so you can spend your energy on blooming!
Believing in yourself and how you are handling the situation will give you confidence. Tell yourself: You will have a positive attitude and you will find an opportunity today!