Becoming a widow is painful, devastating and stressful. In addition to the emotional sorrow that comes with the loss of a loved one, you now have to face financial and legal decisions on your own. But you need to remember that you don’t have to go it alone. You and your spouse have spent a […]
Archive | Chicks Chat and Change RSS feed for this section
Six Steps to Financial Health: Make sure you have a will and Health Care Power of Attorney. Have your investments diversified enough so that you can take out emergency funds without penalties. Do not have all your savings in retirement accounts. Have different investment buckets: emergency fund, taxable conservatively managed accounts and retirement accounts. Check […]
1) Take the youngsters with you to a credit union (or a bank) when you open their savings accounts. I still remember how old I felt when I went to North Carolina National Bank to deposit my birthday money. Beginning the regular savings habit early is one of the keys to savings success. 2) Don’t […]
Here is a checklist for you to deal with as a recent widow. Whether or not you are the executor of the Estate—there are a number of tasks to address. As soon as it is practical, Make an appointment or have a phone call with your attorney, financial advisor and accountant and insurance agent. What […]
Let’s talk about ways you can teach your kids about money: First As soon as children can count, introduce them to money. Take an active role because repetition and observing others are the two methods they learn by. Second communicate with your children about your values concerning money and how to save it, make it grow […]
What are the benefits of an HSA? Health Savings Account or Medical IRA Issues to consider when choosing health insurance.
Finding your own Designated Hitter DH to help you handle your divorce.
BRINGING LIKE-MINDED UNITED WAY PHILANTHROPIST TOGETHER TO EXCHANGE IDEAS IN ORDER TO HELP MAKE OUR COMMUNITIES A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE.
Free Email Updates
Enter your email address to receive free updates from Chicks, Chat and Change. (we respect your privacy)
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Join us on Facebook
About Ann Zuraw
Ann Zuraw, the voice behind "Women, Money, and Divorce", is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) and Certified Financial Divorce Analyst (CDFA™) helping women achieve financial success!
Have a Question?
- AZ Asks Kathleen McQuiggan January 19, 2012
- P is For Prenuptial. Is it Good or Bad for Your Marriage? July 2, 2012
- Successful Financial Future February 4, 2015
- P is for Protecting Your Digital Estate. July 29, 2013
- T is for “Teaching your Teen” to Manage Money. August 26, 2013
- X es para: ¿Estás dando un buen ejemplo financiero para sus niños? August 30, 2016
- C is for Choosing Dignity in Divorce August 29, 2016
- B is for Balancing Your Work and Care-giving August 22, 2016
- A is for Angry about the Pink Tax – Avoid it! August 15, 2016
- Z is for ZFA’s Divorce Issues to Consider August 8, 2016