When is the last engagement you had with your financial planner? Just as you go to the Doctor when you want an answer regarding your body, you should have regular financial checkups with your advisor. If your finances feel uncertain or questionable, engage with your advisor to gain information and education about your present or future finances. They have the knowledge to help create a plan that is tailor made to your individual needs and future goals.
Although handling your personal finances is ultimately your responsibility, you can utilize the knowledge of a qualified financial planner to help you make educated decisions. They can help you get the most out of your money as you navigate through life’s ever changing situations.
The following are some changing life events that should prompt you to engage with your financial advisor for education and guidance.
- Making sure you are on track saving enough for retirement.
- Rolling over a pension plan or IRA.
- Preparing for a marriage or divorce.
- Planning a family, the adoption of a child or funding their education.
- How to deal with the inheritance of a large sum of money
- Dealing with a financial crisis such as loss of job, serious illness or natural disaster.
- How best to care for aging parents or a disabled child.
- Coping financially with the death of a spouse.
- Buying or selling the family business.
Be sure to contact your certified financial planner. They have an ethical obligation to act in your best interest and can help you with a variety of financial needs.
Answers from A to Z