Now that we’ve settled into the New Year, our resolutions either broken or kept, it’s a perfect time to reassess our resolutions. Have you broken or changed you resolution already? That’s OK! There is no time like the present to start over, especially now knowing what you truly want.
Here are some tips for sticking with you resolution for the next 11 months:
- Believe in yourself! This is the most important part in becoming the new you. Have no doubts about what you will achieve. Doing so will not only strengthen your self-worth, but also make you believe that you are capable of achieving exactly what you have set out to do.
- Be specific and reasonable. Rather than saying you will save money this year, state exactly how much you will put aside each week. Being specific and clear goes further than you think.
- Create a plan. Begin to write down everything you need to do. If you need to start an exercise and meal schedule, write it down and tape it to your bathroom mirror. If you need to pep up your resume or start taking night classes, write it down. And then do it! There is no time like the present to start making the positive changes you’ve made for yourself.
- Commit to yourself and track your progress. Treat becoming the new you like your new job. Start a journal to track both your progress and your setbacks. Learn what works for you and what doesn’t, then adjust you plan accordingly.
- Thank yourself and others for making your change possible. Giving yourself positive affirmations for not only making a change but making progress will help you stay on track. It’s OK to feel grateful to yourself for doing something good.
Get a clear vision in your mind of what you want to happen this year and you can make it come true!
Answers from A to Z