Tamela Duncan is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) with a Master’s in Social Work from Florida State University. She has been a counselor in private practice for over 26 years in Greensboro, North Carolina and focuses on enhancing the quality of life of individuals, groups and communities by helping them reach their full potential.
Tamela is also an extremely talented musician who created Family Secrets CD as a therapeutic composition for healing. As one reviewer eloquently put it, “The music and lyrics on Tamela Duncan’s CD, Family Secrets, are melodiously moving with words that, if you listen well, reach down into your very soul.”
For the past decade, she has taught at UNCG’s Call Program. Tamela gives workshops regarding spirituality, personal growth and emotional health/healing. She can be reached at email@example.com.
AZ asks: What can we do to help us love ourselves?
How to Love YOURSELF!
- Live without self-criticism or criticism to others.
- Be gentle and forgiving of mistakes.
- Have positive self-thoughts and positive affirmations.
- Don’t engage in negative thoughts or behaviors. Change your life and change your thoughts.
- Clean up your life and get chaos out of your life.
- Turn the computer and TV off and the music on!
- Reward yourself with words, baths, workouts, quiet walks and stillness in the sun.
- Daily prayer, meditation and gratitude.
- Laugh, dance, exercise – love your body/move your body!
- Set limits—don’t put unrealistic demands on yourself.
- ASK for help, for comfort, for love and for hugs.
- Balance your life, work, leisure, emotions and spirit.
- Learn to let things go. Stop torturing yourself and constantly questioning your decisions.
- Smile as often as possible!
Tamela Duncan is not affiliated with Zuraw Financial Advisors, LLC.