We all know our time here is limited yet most of us fail to leave our loved ones with a well thought out will. For many it’s good old procrastination that gets in the way, you know “I’ll get to it tomorrow” but tomorrow may never come or tragedy can strike and you may not have the time to put your wishes in writing. There is no time like the present to start preparing your will.
Making a will today is easier than ever before with many low-cost and online options. But if you can afford a reasonably priced attorney it would be in your best interest to have a professional create the best legal document for your individual needs. Along with the will they should include a durable power of attorney and a living will.
- A will helps ensure that your family and friends know exactly what your wishes are should you die.
- It helps make the process of dealing with your wishes much less time-consuming and stressful for your loved ones.
- It will help you consider whether you have enough life insurance to help replace your lost income.
- It will provide specific instructions and designation for the care of your children helping to avoid a custody battle.
- It can help reduce the amount of inheritance tax to be paid out on the value of your estate.
Don’t delay! There is never a better time than the present to make your will. Doing so will help give you peace of mind, and will save your family unnecessary distress during a difficult time.
Answers from A to Z