Summertime is a fun time, but it can also be, spend time. We tend to vision pleasurable nights out, grilling in the backyard with friends, shopping for summer apparel and perhaps planning some exciting excursions. All this fun may put a bit of stress on the bank account but never fear; you can put frugal in your FUN with these clever summer saving tips.
- Start your day with your cup of java and a healthy packed lunch and use the savings for some summertime enjoyment.
- Discover what’s local and free in your town or city. During the summer months, you may find festivals, art fairs and a variety of other free events to enjoy.
- Looking to stay fit this summer? Many gyms offer special summertime incentives to get people back indoors — think air conditioning and money back in your wallet.
- Want to add a new piece or two to your wardrobe — try visiting the local thrift store. All that spring cleaning tends to bring many new gently used items to your local second-hand Check it out and save.
- Host a best seller book swap with a group of friends; rotating the books. You buy one; they buy one, and everyone reads many books for the price of one. If this doesn’t work, try your library.
- Start you own backyard garden and enjoy the benefits of fresh food for a fraction of the cost. If this is too much work, try supporting your local farmers market, it’s a great cause, and you can save money too.
- Finally, do your homework before you book any travel. Use online comparison tools and travel websites to get the best deal. Check out Kayak, Airbnb, Jetsetter, CheapOair and Hotwire to find discounts.
Remember, being frugal doesn’t have to dampen summer fun, instead let it help you enjoy an unforgettable and stress-free summer.
Answers from A to Z