Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.
Why does it seem some people have it easy where happiness is concerned, while others struggle day after day? Does it have to do with luck, material possessions or circumstances? No, but it does have EVERYTHING to do with a choice! Happiness is a life practice that you too can choose today! Start improving your happiness level by incorporating the following into your daily life.
- How we start our day depicts the mindset for the entire day so wake up each morning grateful. In your mind list a few of your gratitude’s, be present and mindful of these good fortunes.
- Remove negativity from your thoughts and your life. Each time you have a negative thought replace it with two kinds, positive thoughts. It may be difficult at first but the longer you continue this practice, the easier it will become. You just may find this helps lead you to a better outlook on life and a happier heart.
- Surround yourself with positive happy people and stay away from the negative people in your life. “We are the company we keep”. Our emotional energies seek similar energies, so when you’re grappling with negativity, sadness, anger or depression, fight the urge to commiserate with others. Instead, search out a happy group you’ll be surprised at how their positive attitude will rub off on you.
- Smile, this simple act will send your brain a message to release a host of chemicals that benefit your health, happiness and life span. If that’s not enough to put a smile on your face, think about this…Smiling allows us to appear more attractive, lifts our moods as well as the moods of those around us. It’s a win-win situation.
- Exercise regularly and eat healthily, the benefits of diet and exercise are immeasurable. It will help improve your health, confidence, sensuality, mental clarity, energy and, self-esteem… the list goes on and on….
- Be content with what you have, stop stressing that you’ll never have enough. More importantly, find time for all the things that are important to you….explore your passions and pursue them with vigor.
Your happiness is up to you, so do “what” can make you happy. And every “choice” you make is a step closer or further from happiness.
Answers from A to Z