Considering we now have 4.7 million apps on the market it may be sooner than we think. Are there times you find yourself thinking “there must be an app for that” well you’re not alone? It seems more and more of us are shopping the app stores for useful, creative and just plain fun apps to help us throughout our day, week, year, and life. Here’s just a bit of information to verify the ever growing use of apps…Apple reported a download of 100 billion apps from its App Store since July 2008.
Let’s face it a women’s life has become more hectic than ever between long working hours, keeping your family on track, Pilates Class on Wednesdays, and book club on Thursdays. It’s not easy keeping up with all of life’s challenges. We all want apps that make life easier, enjoyable and useful but with all the choices, it can be overwhelming – so let’s look at a few apps that may help women on the go.
- ShopSavvy – you can scan items and compare prices with other online or local merchants. You’re able to choose product categories like clothing, home, beauty, etc. and follow specific stores that you patronize helping you find the Best deals…what’s not to like.
- Gilt – luxury brands with up to 60% off, if you long for designer clothing but not the prices – this is the app for you.
- Grocery Gadget ─ need a little help when grocery shopping? This app allows you to share your list with others, memorizes aisles, takes photos and compares prices.
- Allrecipes Dinner Spinner ─ no need to spend time figuring out what to make for dinner when this app can give you access to thousands of recipes making dinner more fun and less fuss.
- StylishGirl ─ always wearing the same old thing…never again. Take photos of your wardrobe, browse through your closet and mix and match your outfits’ virtually. When you get home from work, you will know exactly what you’re wearing to the big event that night.
- Mint ─ makes it easy to view and organize all of your expenses. You can track your spending, create a budget, view your investments, credit score and set up bill reminders.
- FidMe ─ this app holds all your coupons and reward cards in one place. This helps avoid wasted moments searching for that coupon at the bottom of your purse.
- Cozi ─ this app helps families stay organized with a shared calendar. Family members can manage appointments, schedules and to do list with one account.
- Nike Training Club ─ for the days you can’t make it to the gym, this app helps you find a quick and effective workout. You can choose between cardio, core, strength, balance, and flexibility exercises or you can create your own workout.
- Giiv ─ don’t have time to shop for the perfect gift, send your family member or friends a gift via text message. They will receive a gift code which can be redeemed in-store or online at vendors like Macy’s and Sephora.
The list goes on and on. So if you’re wondering, “Is there an app for that?” if not now there most likely will be. And it is only a matter of time before we reach a Zillion apps. But what’s important is that you find a way to make the apps work for you and your busy ever changing lifestyle. Enjoy the search!
Answers from A to Z